Join our mailing list!
Check Back Often
Nikon D300s DSLR 12MP Body Only
YOU SAVE $130.03!
Wishpot add this item to your
Rapid 7 fps*1 or 8 fps*2 continuous shooting (CIPA Guidelines)
Refined D-Movie function including an external microphone input for clear stereo sound recordings
Multi-CAM 3500DX AF sensor module featuring 51 AF points with 4 Dynamic AF modes including 3D Focus Tracking for precise autofocus and razor sharp images, This 12.3-megapixel DX-format CMOS Image Sensor Delivers stunning high resolution, low-noise images with striking detail and tonal gradation.
* Total Pixels 13.1 million * Effective Pixels 12.3 million
* Image Sensor Format DX * Image Sensor Type CMOS
* Sensor Size 23.6 x 15.8mm
* Dust-Off Reference Photo Yes
* Image Area (pixels) DX-format
* Storage Media CompactFlash© (Type I/II, compliant with UDMA) SD SDHC
* File Format Uncompressed 12/14-bit NEF (RAW)
Compressed 12/14-bit NEF (RAW, Lossless compressed): approx. 60-80 percent
JPEG: JPEG-baseline-compliant; can be selected from Size Priority and Optimal Quality TIFF (RGB)
* Picture Control Standard Neutral Vivid Monochrome Nine User-customizable Settings
* Movie Modes Movie with sound
HD 1280x720 / 24 fps
VGA 640x424 / 24 fps
QVGA 320x216 / 24fps
* Movie File Format AVI
* LCD Monitor Size 3 in. diagonal * LCD Monitor Type Super Density
* LCD Monitor Resolution 921,000 Dots * LCD Monitor Angle of View 170-degree wide-viewing angle
* LCD Monitor Adjustments Brightness, 7 levels
* Live View Shooting Handheld mode Tripod mode
* Playback Functions Full frame Thumbnail (4, 9 or 72 segments) Zoom Slideshow Histogram display Auto image rotation D-Movie Playback Highlights Image Comment
* Image Comment Yes Copyright
* Lens Mount Nikon F bayonet mount
* Compatible Lenses 1) DX AF NIKKOR: All functions possible
2) D-/G-type AF NIKKOR (excluding IX NIKKORlenses): All functions possible (excluding PC Micro- NIKKOR)
3) AF NIKKOR other than D-/G-type (excluding lenses for F3AF): All functions except 3D-Color Matrix Metering II possible
4) AI-P NIKKOR: All functions except Autofocus, 3D-Color Matrix Metering II possible
5) Non-CPU AI NIKKOR: can be used in exposure modes A and M;
Electronic range finder can be used if maximum aperture is 5.6 or faster;
* Viewfinder Diopter Adjustment (-2.0 to +1.0 m-1)
* Viewfinder Frame Coverage Approx. 100%
* Viewfinder Magnification Approx. 0.94
* Autofocus System TTL phase detection, 51 focus points (15 cross-type sensors) by Nikon Multi-CAM 3500DX autofocus module; Detection -1 to +19 EV (ISO 100 at 20 degrees C/68 degrees F); AF fine adjustment possible. Focal-plane contrast [in Live View
* Focus Modes Single-servo AF (S) Continuous-servo (C) Manual (M) with electronic rangefinder
* Focus Lock AE-L/AF-L button Half press of shutter-release button (single-point AF in AF-S)
* Maximum Autofocus Areas/Points 51
* Single-point AF Mode Yes
* Autofocus Sensitivity -1 - +19 EV (ISO 100, 20°C/68°F
* Dynamic AF Mode Yes
* Auto-area AF Mode Yes
* Focusing Screen Type-B BriteView Clear Matte screen Mark II with superimposed focus brackets and On-Demand grid lines
* Interchangeable Focusing Screens No
* Depth-of-field Control Yes
* White Balance Sun Shade Fluorescent Incandescent Flash Preset Fine Tune by Kelvin color temperature setting Auto (TTL white balance with 1,005-pixel RGB sensor) Seven manual modes with fine-tuning
* White Balance Bracketing Yes, 2 to 9 exposures, in increments of 1, 2 or 3
* Exposure Metering System 1,005-pixel RGB sensor 3D Color Matrix Metering II Variable Center-weighted Spot
* Lowest Standard ISO Sensitivity 200 in steps of 1/3 1/2 1 EV
* Highest Standard ISO Sensitivity 3200in steps of 1/3 1/2 1EV
* Expanded ISO Sensitivity Options Lo-1 (ISO 100 equivalent) in steps of 1/3, 1/2, 1 EV Hi-1 (ISO 6400 equivalent) in steps of 1/3, 1/2, 1 EV
* Metering Range 1) 0 to 20 EV (Matrix or center-weighted metering); 2) 2 to 20 EV (Spot metering) (ISO 100 equivalent, f/1.4 lens, at 20 degrees C/68 degrees F)
* Exposure Modes Programmed Auto (P) with flexible Program Shutter-Priority Auto (S) Aperture-Priority Auto (A) Manual (M)
* Exposure Compensation ±5 EV in increments of 1/3 1/2 1
* Exposure Lock Yes
* Exposure Bracketing Yes From 2 to 9 exposures in increments of 1/3, 1/2, 2/3 or 1
* Total custom Settings 48
* My Menu Yes: with customization
* Top Continuous Shooting Speed at full resolution 7 frames per second
* Continuous Shooting Options DX-format CH: Up to 7 frames per second CL: Up to 6 frames per second
* Slowest Shutter Speed 30 sec. in steps of 1/3 1/2 1 EV
* Fastest Shutter Speed 1/8000 sec. in steps of 1/3 1/2 1 EV
* Bulb Shutter Setting Yes
* Shutter type Electronically controlled vertical-travel focal-plane
* Self-timer 2, 5, 10, 20 seconds duration
* Built-in Flash Yes
* Flash Control 1) i-TTL: TTL flash control by 1,005-pixel RGB sensor, built-in flash, SB-900, SB-800, SB-600, SB-400: i-TTL balanced fill-flash and standard i-TTL flash
2) AA (Auto Aperture-type) flash: Available with SB-900, SB-800 used with CPU lens
3) Non-TTL Auto: Available with Speedlights such as SB-900, SB-800, SB-28, SB-27, and SB-22S
4) Range-priority manual flash; available with SB-900, SB-800
* Flash Sync Modes Front-curtain sync (normal) Slow sync Rear-curtain sync Red-eye reduction Red-eye reduction with slow sync
* Mirror Lock Up Yes
* Card Slot 1 CompactFlash© card and 1 Secure Digital (SD) card
* File System Compliant with DCF 2.0 DPOF EXIF 2.21 Pict Bridge
* Exposure Meter Coupling CPU AI
* Shutter Release Modes Single-frame [S] mode Continuous low-speed [CL] mode; 1-7 frames per second Continuous high-speed [CH] mode; 8 frames per second Live View [LV] mode Self-timer mode Mirror-up [Mup] mode Quiet shutter-release
*[CL] mode: When using EH-5a/EH-5 AC Adapter or MB-D10 Multi-Power Battery Pack (with batteries other than EN-EL3e Rechargeable Li-ion Battery) *[CH] mode: When using EN-EL3e Rechargeable Li-ion Battery (When shooting in
Continuous-servo AF (C), Shutter-Priority Auto [S] or Manual [M] exposure modes, at a shutter speed of 1/250 s or faster with other settings at default)
* Movie Audio Built-in microphone, monaural Optional external stereo mini-pin jack (3.5mm diameter) Microphone sensitivity can be adjusted
* Picture Angle Equivalent in 35mm (135) format is approx. 1.5X lens focal length
* Viewfinder Eyepoint 19.5 (-1.0m-1)
* Reflex Mirror Quick-return type
* Autofocus Fine Tune Yes
* Flash Sync Speed Up to 1/250sec. Flash synchronization at up to 1/320 s (FP) adjustable using Custom Settings (will reduce GN)
* X-Sync Speed 1/250
* FP High Speed Sync Up to 1/8000
* Flash Compensation -3 to 9 exposures in increments of 1/3 or 1/2 EV
* Flash Bracketing 2 to 9 exposures in increments of 1/3, 1/2, or 2/3, or 1 EV steps
* Nikon Creative Lighting System Compatibility Yes Built-in Commander Mode 2 Groups: A and B 4 Channels: 1-4 TTL, Non-TTL Auto and Manual mode
* In-Camera Image Editing Trim D-Lighting Color Balance Image Overlay Filter Effects Monochrome NEF (RAW) Processing Red-eye Correction Resize Edit Movie
* High ISO Noise Reduction 1) Low 2) Normal 3) High 4) Off
* Long Exposure Noise Reduction Yes
* Battery Type Rechargeable * Battery / Batteries EN-EL3e Lithium-ion Battery
* Battery Life (shots per charge) 950 shots (CIPA) 3,000 shots (Nikon Standard)
* AC Adapter EH-5a AC Adapter
* Battery Charger MH-18a Quick Charger
* Supplied Software Software Suite CD-ROM
* Optional Accessories MB-D10 Multi-Power Battery Pack, WT-4A Wireless Transmitter, DK-21M Magnifying Eyepiece, EH-5a AC Adapter, Capture NX 2 Software, Camera Control Pro 2 Software, Image Authentication Software
* Interface Hi-speed USB NTSC PAL HDMI 10-pin Terminal HDMI Type C
* WiFi Functionality FTP file transfer available and PTP/IP with optional WT-4a (IEEE 802.11a/b/g), Eye-Fi compatible
* GPS With optional GP-1 GPS Unit and supplied Connecting Cord or via optional MC-35 GPS cable. Requires user's own GPS unit that conforms to NMEA0183 data protocol.
* Approx. Dimensions Width 5.8 in. (147mm) Height 4.5 in. (114mm) Depth 2.9 in. (74mm)
* Approx. Weight 30 oz. (840g)
* Accessory Shoe Yes
* Flash Sync Terminal Yes
* Tripod Socket ¼ inch 20
* Save/Load Camera settings Yes
* Date, Time and Daylight Savings Time Settings Yes
* World Time Setting Yes
* Supported Languages Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
* Supplied Accessories
o EN-EL3e Rechargeable Li-ion Battery
o MH-18a Quick Charger
o UC-E4 USB Cable
o EG-D2 Video Cable
o AN-DC4 Strap
o BM-8 LCD monitor cover
o Body cap
o DK-5 Eyepiece Cap
o DK-23 Rubber Eyecup
o Software Suite CD-ROM
12.3-megapixel DX-format CMOS Image Sensor delivers stunning high resolution, low-noise images with striking detail and tonal gradation.
Nikon EXPEED Image Processing Drives breathtakingly rich image fidelity, low noise and fast image processing.
One-button Live View Hand-held and Tripod Live View Modes, activated with one-button, for challenging studio and remote shooting conditions.
Low Noise ISO Sensitivity from 200 to 3200 Additional expanded ISO settings of Lo-1 (ISO 100 equivalent) and Hi-1 (ISO 6400 equivalent) extend versatility to match shooting requirements.
1,005-Pixel 3D Color Matrix Metering II
Nikon’s unique RGB metering—the only sensor that also evaluates color information when determining exposures with remarkable accuracy..
Dual memory card slots (CF and SD) Assign card functions from a variety of storage options, optimizing available memory and file handling.
Picture Control Settings Select from 4 preset image capture preferences (Standard, Neutral, Vivid and Monochrome, plus 9 user customizable settings) controlling Sharpening, Contrast, Brightness, Saturation and Hue.
In-Camera Image Editing Exclusive in-camera image editing, featuring Edit movie, D-Lighting, Image Overlay, Monochrome, NEF (RAW) processing and more.
100% Viewfinder Accuracy
Up to 950 shots per EN-EL3e battery charge* Shoot as many as 2,950 shots with the body’s EN-EL3e battery installed and the optional MB-D10 Multi-Power Battery Pack with an EN-EL4a Rechargeable Li-ion Battery*.
* based on CIPA standards/guidelines.
Continuous Shooting up to 7 fps High speed shooting and fast response—essential to versatile performance in a wide variety of shooting disciplines.
D-Movie HD Video Capture striking 24 fps, 720p HD movie clips, enhanced by NIKKOR interchangeable lens quality and versatility—featuring external stereo Mic input and AF operation.
3-inch Super-density 921,000-dot VGA LCD Monitor Every monitor is factory-calibrated to assure accurate color for critical still image review and Live View or D-Movie shooting.
Fast, Accurate 51-point Autofocus Features 4 Dynamic AF modes including 3D Focus Tracking for precise autofocus and razor sharp images.
Scene Recognition System Referencing an onboard image database and teamed with RGB metering, SRS enables even more sophisticated determination of exposures and auto white balance, along with faster, more accurate autofocus.
Dynamic Integrated Dust Reduction System Ultrasonic process combats the accumulation of dust in front of the image sensor, safeguarding image quality.
Nikon's Active D-Lighting Optimizes shadow and highlight detail in real time—Selectable values and 5-frame ADL bracketing offer complete control.
Rugged and Durable The strength and precision of magnesium-alloy construction with advanced dust and moisture countermeasures is teamed with a shutter mechanism tested to beyond 150,000 cycles for real-world reliability.
Virtual Horizon Graphic Indicator
Nikon D300s w/18-200mm VR
Nikon 1 J1 2 Lens Kit Black
Nikon D3200 Kit
Nikon D5200 Kit
Nikon 1 J1 with 10-30mm Kit
Nikon Coolpix P7100 Black
Nikon D7100 Body Only
Nikon Coolpix L810
Share your knowledge of this product with other customers...
Be the first to write a review
Browse for more products in the same category as this item:
Join Our Mailing List
Shipping & Returns
Terms and Conditions